Paytm Founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma is a new Indian entrepreneur, his history is not very old, he has earned his name in India in the last few years, in today’s time he has become a very popular businessman, through this post you will get information about the life of Vijay Shekhar Sharma. (Vijay Shekhar Sharma Age, Net Worth, Wife, Family, Biography & More)
Vijay Shekhar Sharma was born on 8 July 1978 in Harduaganj, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh (India). His father’s name is Sulom Prakash Sharma, who was a school teacher, and mother’s name is Asha Sharma, who is a homemaker, his brother’s name is Ajay Shekhar Sharma, who is senior vice president of Paytm, whose names are also not known. Vijay Shekhar Sharma’s wife’s name is Mridula Sharma, they also have a child named Vivaan Sharma.
Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Full Name Vijay Shekhar Singh Sharma
- Born – 8 July 1978
- Place of Birth – Harduaganj, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh (India)
- Father’s Name – Sulom Prakash Sharma
- Mother’s Name – Asha Sharma
- Brother – Ajay Shekhar Sharma (Senior Vice President of Paytm)
- Wife’s Name – Mridula
- Children – Vivaan Sharma
- Profession – Entrepreneur (Founder of Paytm)
- Fame – After launching Petam
- Current (2020) Age – 41 years
Paytm Founder (Vijay Shekhar Sharma) Favourite Things –
- Fav Entrepreneurs – Masayoshi Son, Jack Ma
- Favorite Leader – Narendra Modi
- Singer/Brand – Coldplay, U2, Jim Morrison
- Favorite Hotel Restaurants – Big Chill, The Great Kebab Factory, South
- Favorite Watch – Rolex
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar
Note – It is said that Vijay Shekhar Sharma, who was once waiting for 10 rupees, today owns a company worth 20 thousand crores, this is the story of the struggle of life.
Education and Career –
Vijay Shekhar Sharma passed class 14 at the age of 12, after which he did B.Tech in Electronics & Communication from Delhi College of Engineering (now, Delhi Technological University). After that Vijay worked in an MNC company for 6 months, then later he started thinking about doing his business and then he put a platform like Paytm (2001) in front of everyone, which people liked very much.
In the initial phase, Paytm was offering its services in the form of DTH recharge and prepaid mobile recharge. Later Paytm gradually started increasing its services, first offering electricity bill, gas bill payment and then Paytm started selling goods like other e-commerce companies. In 2016, demonetisation acted as a lottery for PayTM and payTM became a necessity for crores of people.
Today Paytm has become very popular in India, everyone started knowing about Paytm and started using it as awareness increased among people.
Paytm made by Vijay Shekhar Sharma is used by everyone in India today, a tea seller also keeps Paytm, even if you do not have money in your pocket, you can drink tea and get paytm. In today’s time, many platforms have come like Paytm, but no one has left it behind yet, even today it is running at number one.
Some more information related to Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma used to spend his free time learning software coding.
- During his college days, Vijay along with his friends indiasite.net created the Content Management System, in which investors invested money.
- Two years later, they sold it, earning $2 million.
- With this, Vijay opened a mobile value added service company named One97 Communications Ltd.
- America’s 9/11 tragedy had such an impact on the market that so many businesses were destroyed overnight.
- One97 Communications Ltd. was also a victim of this.
- Big companies like Paytm’s customer Hutch and Airtel were not able to pay on time.
- Vijay had taken a loan from friends and relatives at an annual interest rate of 24%.
- After great struggles, Vijay has achieved this position today.
- India Today Magazine ranked #2017 among India’s 50 most powerful people in 18 list.
- GQ India named him among the 2017 most influential young Indians for 50.