Sudarsan Pattnaik was born on April 15, 1977, in The whole of Odisha, India. As a child, when Sudarshan’s friends used to paint using pens and pencils, Sudarshan tried to present grief through art on the sand on the seashore of Puri.
It is said that Sudarshan could not study due to financial constraints, he dropped out of school only after 6th grade, the conditions of the house were so bad that Sudarshan had to work in others’ house at the age of 8. Yet his dreams always remained with him, since childhood he wanted to become a big painter, but due to poverty, it was not in his control to buy the goods used in painting. This was the reason why he used to hone his painting skills on the seashore.
- Name – Sudarsan Pattnaik
- Born – 15 April 1977
- Place of Birth – Marchikote Lane Entire Odisha India
- Work – Making painting from sand (sand artist)
- Education – 6th pass
- Children – 2 boys and one girl
- Brother – Three brothers
- Sister – Not applicable
In the year 2015, Sudarshan Pattnaik was invited from America to participate in the sand painting competition for the first time, but could not go there due to lack of visa. A very good opportunity went out of hand, but Sudarshan did not give up, he does his art better, gradually he started getting invitations from other countries to paint on the sand.
Sudarshan Pattnaik has received many awards, awards and honors so far, he has also been awarded the Padma Shri in the year 2014. Sudarshan’s Sand Art has made it to the Limca Book of World Records several times. Sudarshan also often does social work of spreading awareness in the society through sand art. Today his life is famous all over the world with his paintings. Sudarshan used his painting for peace in the country and the world. Sudarshan’s news continues to run on tv channels for many days.
Sudarsan Pattnaik – Awards and Honours
- Padma Shri by Government of India in 2014
- He received his doctorate from Berhampur University in Odisha in 2012.
- Godavari Award from Kusumagraj University, Nashik in 2012
- Former and first woman President Pratibha Patil felicitated at Puri beach in Orissa
- Young Indian Leadership Award by CNN in 2010
- People of the Year 20 on the occasion of 2009th edition of Limca Book
- Sarla Award by The State Government of Odisha in the year 2008
- National Tourism Award by India Tourism Department in the year 2005-06
- Excellency Award 2006 from Sri Lanka Human Rights Organization in 2006
- National Youth Award in Patna from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India in 2004-05
- Bharat Jyoti Puraskar in Kolkata in 2001
- Award of Excellence by State Bank of India at Bhubaneswar Circle
- People’s Choice Award at the Sand Sculpting World Cup in Atlantic City in 2014
Special works done by Sudarshan Pattnaik – (Sudarsan Pattnaik )
- Training of Artists at Sudarsan Sand Art Institute in Puri (Odisha).
- Sudarsan Pattnaik has also published a book related to sand art.
- Workshops for sand art are organized in fairs held in the country and abroad.
- Sudarsan has set a world record in the year 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 on the banks of puri sea.
- Sand animation was shown at the opening ceremony of the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- Government Employee’s Degree in Culture Department by Odisha Lalit Kala Akademi.
- Brand Ambassador of National Aluminum Company Limited.
- Sudarsan Pattnaik is also the brand ambassador of Odisha’s International Sand Art Festival.
Sudarsan Pattnaik has received hundreds of awards and honors from more than 50 countries.