Smita Patil was born on 17 October 1955 in Pune, India to politician Shivajirao Girdhar Patil and social activist Vidyatai Patil. She was in the world of films from 1974 to 1985, unfortunately she died on December 13, 1986. She was an actress as well as a member of the Women’s Centre in Mumbai.
- Real Name – Smita Patil
- Profession – Actress
- Born – October 17, 1955
- Place of Birth: Pune, Maharashtra
- Died – December 13, 1986
- Fame – Fully committed to women’s issues
- She married Raj Babbar in 1986.
Smita Patil Education –
Smita Patil completed her education from Renuka Swaroop Memorial High School, it is said that she studied till high school, information about further studies is not known.
Smita Patil Career –
In the 1970s, she had to come up with a camera as a TV newsreader for the first time, at that time she worked as a newsreader on Mumbai Doordarshan. In the year 1975, she first acted in Shyam Benegal’s film “Nishant”, later she worked as a strong actress with a role in Manthan in 1976 and Bhumika in 1977, over time her films became a hit and she became a star actress. Smita Patil became very popular by playing the role of Amma in “Chakra”, based on the work of famous Marathi writer Jaywant Dalvi.
He received his first National Award for his good performance in “Bhumika”.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Smita Patil
- In “Bazaar”, Smita played the role of a Muslim girl.
- He earned a very good name in the world of Hindi cinema.
- In his time, he also had to do many difficult roles.
- He also worked as a social worker several times.
- She lived for the country and society, was very attached to society.
- He played a very good role in the song Dushman Na Karo Dost.