Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 in Berhampur, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India. She spent her childhood in Rawatbhata, a small town near Kota, Rajasthan, where she grew up and grew up, she belongs to an educated family. His father Biswajit Ghoshal (Electrical Engineer) works in a nuclear power plant at Bhabha Atomic Research Center. His mother’s name is Sarmishtha Ghoshal, who is a postgraduate student of literature. (Shreya Ghoshal Wiki, Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More)
Name – Shreya Ghoshal
Surname – Piu
Birth – 12 March 1984
Birth Place – Murshidabad, West Bengal
Hometown – Rawatbhata, Rajasthan, Bharat
Pita’s Name – Biswajit Ghoshal
Mother’s Name – Sarmishtha Ghoshal
Brother – Soumyadeep Ghoshal
She has no sister.
Shreya Ghoshal is currently 36-37 years old.
Boyfriends and other matters – Shiladitya Mukhopadhyay (Entrepreneur)
Marriage – 5 February 2015
Husband – Shiladitya Mukhopadhyay (Entrepreneur)
Children – So far (2020) No one
knows – Mumbai – 400071
property – more than 10 crores.
Shreya Ghoshal’s favorite –
Food – Rasmalai
Actor – Guru Dutt
Actress – Madhuri Dixit, Waheeda Rehman
Music Director – Madan Mohan, R.D. Burman, A.R. Rahman
Singers – Lataji, Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce, Nora Jones (Norah Jones)
Songs – A Song Sung By Chitra “Kehna Hi Kya”, “Aap Ki Nazaron Ne Samjha”, “Lag Ja Gale Ki Phir Yeh Haseen Raat Ho Na Ho”
Place – He likes to visit Mauritius very much.
Shreya Ghoshal Childhood and Education –
Shreya Ghoshal is said to have completed her early education from Atomic Energy Central School No. 4, Rawatbhata and later she graduated from SIES College of Arts Science and Commerce, Sion West, Mumbai. Only then did it come into the world of cinema. Today, she marries and lives with her husband.
Shreya Ghoshal’s first studio album was “Bendhechi Beena” consisting of 14 songs, which was released on January 1, 1998. Shreya Ghoshal made headlines for the first time after becoming busy in the famous singing and reality show “Saare Re Ga Ma Pa”.
Shreya Ghoshal started her career with debut playback singer (Tamil) – Yen Chelam (2002). In the same year, in Bollywood, he also worked in the song Dola Re Dola (2002). Later it became famous for many songs, she has also received honors from President Pratibha Devi.
Awards and Honours (Shreya Ghoshal Awards)
He was awarded the RD Burman Award in the year 2003 for new musical talent for “Bairi Piya”.
She received the Best Female Playback Singer Award for “Jadu Hai Nasha Hai” Jism Movie (2004).
She received the Best Female Playback Singer Award for “Barso Re” Guru Movie (2008).
She received the Best Female Playback Singer Award for “Teri Ore” Singh Is Kinng Movie (2009).
She received the Best Female Playback Singer Award for “Deewani Mastani” Bajirao Mastani Movie (2016).
She has received the Best Female Playback Singer Award for “Ghoomar” Padmavat Movie (2019).
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Shreya Ghoshal started learning music at the age of 4.
- Shreya Ghoshal trained in playback singing from Padma Shri late Kalyanji Bhai.
- In 1995, he won the All India Light Vocal Music Competition, which was organised by Sangam Kala Group, New Delhi.
- When she went to Mumbai, she took training in Indian classical music from late Mukta Bhai.
- She says that if she were not a singer, she would be an astronaut or a genetic engineer today.
- In the year 2003, he sang a song “Har Par Har Har” from the film Saaya.
- “Joyalukkas” is a jewelry store he had advertised.
- On June 26, 2010, The Governor of Ohio, Ted Strickland, a city in the USA, announced that June 26, 2010, would be celebrated as ‘Shreya Ghoshal Day’.
- Shreya Ghoshal has sung songs in many languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Malayalam.
- Apart from singing, there have been judges on reality shows, such as ‘Voice of India – Chhote Ustad’, ‘Indian Idol Junior’, ‘Music Ka Maha Muqabla’.
- In 2012, forbes magazine included in the list of 100 popular celebrities.
- The credit for bringing Shreya Ghoshal to the film music world goes to film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Shreya gave her first break of singing in Bollywood from her film Devdas.
- Ghosal has shown his singing skills in many films in his Bollywood career.
Bhupen Hazarika – Biography, Wife, Family, Career & Success
Balwinder Safri – Biography, Wife, Family, Career & Success
Salman Ali – Biography, Wife, Family, Career & Success
Lata Mangeshkar – Biography, Husband, Family, Career & Awards