Sriamma Younger Ayyappan aka Sridevi was a famous actress of Indian cinema, she was born on 13 August 1963 in Minampatti, Tamil Nadu, India, she acted in more than one film cinema. She passed away on 24 February 2018 at the age of 54 in Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. (The cause of death is said to be accidentally falling into a tub of water.) )
Sridevi’s family – Her father’s name is Aypan Yenjar, who is a lawyer, mother’s name is Rajeshwari Yenjar (housewife). Srilatha is his sister, Anand and Satish are his half-brothers. She married filmmaker Boney Kapoor on June 2, 1996. Prior to that, she was married to actor Mithun Chakraborty (1985-1988), this marriage did not last long and later they divorced and then married Boney Kapoor. Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor are their brothers-in-law, Arjun Kapoor is their step-son, Jahnavi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor are their own daughters, Anshula Kapoor is their step-daughter. (Sridevi , Who is Sridevi)
- Real Name – Sriamma Yanger Ayyappan
- Current Name – Sridevi
- Nicknames – Hawa-Hawai, Chandni, Joker
- Born – 13 August 1963
- Place of Birth – Minampatti, Tamil Nadu, India
- Caste – Other Backward Classes (Naidu Community, Nyadarsh)
- Sridevi Net Worth – $35 million
- Sridevi Height -168 Cm
- Present Address – Sagar Springs, Bungalow No. 2
Green Acres, 7 Bungalow, Andheri West, Lokhandwala Complex, Mumbai
- Religion – Hindu
- Eating Habits – Vegetarian Food
- Date of Death – 24 February 2018
- Place of Death : Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Dubai
- Age (at the time of death) – 54 years
- Cause of death – Accidentally falling into a tub of water
It is said about her that she gave more importance to the world of films, due to which she could not read much and write.
Sridevi’s film career
It is said about Sridevi that she started acting in films at a very young age, her first film was Thunaivan (1967), in which she acted as a child artist, from here her film life started, you will get information about how many first films she worked in below.
Sridevi’s debut film in different languages
- Sridevi first acted as a child artist in the Tamil film Thunaivan in the year 1967.
- He later made his Bollywood debut – Julie (1975, as a child artist).
- She made her bollywood debut as an actress in the year 1978 in Solva Sawan.
- Prior to this, she worked as an actress in the Malayalam film Kumar Sambhavam (1969).
- In the year 1974, he also acted in the Kannada film Bhakta Kumbra.
- Prior to this, he also worked in the Telugu film – Maa Nanna Nirdoshi (1970).
- Later she also worked in the Telugu TV show – Malini Iyer (2004).
The last films of Sridevi’s life
- The 1979 film Priya was the last Kannada film of his life.
- The 1994 film S.P. Parshuram was the last Telugu film of his life.
- The film Devaragam (1996) was the last Malayalam film of his life.
- The 2015 Tamil film Puli was the last Tamil movie of his life.
- The 2017 Hindi film Mom was the last Bollywood film of his life, after which he did not do any movie.
Shri Devi Award and Honors – (Shri Devi )
- In the year 1977, Sri Devi received the Filmfare Special Award for the first time for the film “16 Vithinil”.
- After this, he received many awards in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu films.
- In the year 2013, Sridevi was awarded the Padma Shri award by the Government of India.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sridevi – Sridevi )
- Shri Devi loved rice rasam and vanilla ice cream.
- Amitabh Bachchan, Mithun Chakraborty and Shah Rukh Khan are his favorite heroes.
- Sri Devi loved visiting the United States.
- The Kanjeevaram saree was her best dress.
- Sri Devi used to take Rs 5 crore as salary in a film.
- His film career spanned more than 4 decades.
- She was also a professionally trained dancer.
- She is known among the finest dancers of India.
- Sridevi had done the most 16 films with actor Jeetendra, out of which 11 films were hits.
- In the year 1983, the film “Himmatwala” was the most superhit film of his life.
- He got tremendous recognition from the film “Chandni” (1989).
- Sridevi was the highest-paid actress from 1985 to 1992.
- In his film “Aakhri Rasta” (1986), the voice was dubbed by famous actress Rekha.
- His film Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja (1961) was one of the most expensive films in India.