Shammi Kapoor biography– Shammi Kapoor was a very big star of Indian cinema, he was an actor whose performance is still remembered by the people, he was born on 21 October 1931 in Mayanagari Mumbai. He died on 14 August 2011 due to kidney problems. He started his film career with the film “Jeevan Jyoti” in the year 1953, he acted as an actor in more than 50 films and as a supporting actor in more than 20 films in his acting career.
His father’s name was Prithviraj Kapoor, who was a famous actor, director and producer, his mother’s name was Ramsarani Devi Kapoor. Famous actors Raj Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor were his brothers. Urmila Sail was his sister, he had two marriages, one in 1955 and the other in 1969, his first wife was Geeta Bali, and the second wife was Neela Devi Gohil, whom he married in the year 1969. Aditya Raj Kapoor is his son.
- Real Name Shamsher Raj Kapoor
- Nickname – Elvis Presley of India
- Profession – Actor and Director
- Fame came from Romcoms, supporting actor and dancing hero
- He was born on 21 October 1931 in Mumbai.
- First debut film – Jeevan Jyoti (1953)
- Last Film – Ustad Jameel Khan in Rockstar (2011)
- Career – very long
- Shammi Kapoor Age: 80 Years थी।
- Died – 14 August 2011
- Cause of death – Kidney disease
Education – Shammi Kapoor studied matriculation from St. Joseph’s Convent, Don Bosco New Era School (Mumbai), further information is not known.
Shammi Kapoor’s film career
Shammi Kapoor started his film career with the film Jeevan Jyoti, after which he acted in many films and became a star hero, he also won many awards and awards during his acting days. There were more than 50 such films in which Shammi played a role as a lead actor, and in many films he also worked as a supporting actor.
- Filmfare for Best Actor (Brahmachari 1968)
- Filmfare for Best Supporting Actor (Vidhata)
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement
- Kalakar for contribution to Indian Cinema
- Zee Cine for Lifetime Achievement
- Star Screen Lifetime Achievement
- Anandalok Lifetime Achievement
- IIFA for invaluable contribution to the Indian cinema
- Lifetime Achievement
- Lifetime Achievement
- Rashtriya Gaurav and Living Legend
Imtiaz Ali’s directorial film Rockstar was the last film of his life.
Shammi Kapoor’s hit films
Junglee, Kashmir Ki Kali, Rajkumar, Beast, Third Floor, Professor, Vidhata, Dil Ter Deewana, An Evening in Paris, Dil Deke Dekho, Tumsa Nahi Dekha, Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, Preet Na Jaane Reet, College Girl, Prince Badtamiz, Satya Latta Saheb and Who is better than you.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shammi Kapoor
- Amitabh has been his best friend.
- He also worked in many TV serials.
- Manorajan and Bundle Baaz were films directed by him, both films were not successful.
- He also starred alongside Rajshri, Sharmila Tagore, and Asha Parekh.
- On TV, Shammi Kapoor acted in the serials ‘Shitast’, ‘Dastan-e-Hatim Tai’, ‘Chattan Aur Main Anari Tu Anari’.
- In the year 1970, Shammi Kapoor’s career was interrupted due to obesity.
- In the year 1955, while shooting for the film Rangin Raaten, he met Geeta.
- Shammi Kapoor is no longer in this world, but the world will always remember his contribution to cinema.