Actress Shabana Azmi is a famous actress of India, she stepped into the world of Hindi cinema in the 70s, since then she has worked in films, earlier she used to work as a heroine, now she plays grandmother in films, by the way, today she has stopped working in films.
His father’s name was late Kaifi Azmi (poet), and mother’s name is Shaukat Azmi (stage actress), his father also runs a train in India which goes to Delhi from Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, the name of the train is Kaifiyat Express, superfast train. His father’s native village Phulpur was in Tarwan in Azamgarh.
Actress Shabana Azmi has acted in more than 100 films, she has been awarded the National Award for Best Actress 5 times and filmfare awards 4 times. Actresses Tabu and Farah Naz are shabana azmi’s nieces.
- Real Name Shabana Kaifi Azmi
- Nickname – Coco
- Born – 18 September 1950
- Place of Birth – Hyderabad, India
- Zodiac – Virgo
- Nationality – Indian
- Hometown – Mumbai, India
- First debut film – Ankur (1974)
- Father – Late Kaifi Azmi (Poet)
- Mother – Shaukat Azmi (Stage Actress)
- Marital Status – Married
- Husband – Javed Akhtar (Poet, Lyricist, Screenwriter)
- Total Assets – INR 21 crores (USD 3 million)
- Religion – Islam
- Present Address – 702, Sagar Samrat, Greenfield, Juhu, Mumbai, India
- Brother – Baba Azmi (Cinematographer)
- Hobbies – Travelling, listening to music, watching movies and reading poems
- Educational Qualification: – Graduate in Psychology.
- Shabana Azmi likes Hyderabadi biryani in food.
- Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan and Dev Anand are his favorite heroes.
- Madhubala and Nargis are the heroines of their choice.
- Mughal-e-Azam is his favorite film.
- They like to travel to New York and London.
- Chokher Bali is his favorite book.
Shabana Azmi Education –
Actress Shabana did her early education from Queen Mary’s School, Mumbai, after which she took a degree in psychology from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai, later this Hindi came to cinema (Bollywood).
Shabana Azmi Career –
Actress Shabana started her career with the film “Ankur” in the year 1974, after which she acted in many Bollywood films, she was a good actress cinema for many years, many of her hit films made her the star actress of that time, currently she lives in Mumbai with her husband Javed Akhtar.
Shabana Azmi also works as a social worker, helping slum dwellers, displaced Kashmiri Pandit migrants and victims of the Latur earthquake in Maharashtra.
Avatar was one of his most hit films.
Some lesser known facts about actress Shabana Azmi
- Shabana Azmi undertook a 1989-day long journey from New Delhi to Meerut in the year 4 for communal harmony.
- Shabana Azmi has also received an honorary doctorate in arts by Brandon Foster, Chancellor of Leeds Metropolitan University in Yorkshire.
- Currently (2020), Shabana Azmi is 69 years old.
- Now it devotes most of its time to social duties.
- She also occasionally visits her father’s ancestral home.
- Shabana Azmi has been a famous heroine of her time.
- She has worked in hundreds of films.