Sanjeev Kumar was a famous actor of Hindi films. He was born on 9 July 1938 (Surat, Gujarat, British India) in a middle-class Gujarati family. His full name was Haribhai Jariwala. He is remembered in the film world like a galaxy- like a cloud.
Bollywood will always be illuminated by the light of films equipped with his unmatched acting. It is said that Sanjeev Kumar played nine roles in the film Naya Din Nayi Raat. He had a movie called Koshish, in which he gave a brilliant performance of a deaf man. Thakur’s character in the film Sholay has become immortal with his acting, even today people know him as Thakur. It is said that he died in Bombay in 1984 due to heart failure.
- Name – Sanjeev Kumar
- Nickname – Thakur of Sholay Movie
- Born – 9 July 1938
- Place of Birth – (Surat, Gujarat, British India)
- Profession – Actor
- Spouse – not married
- Active in films – 1960 to 1984 (full 25 years)
It is said that Sanjeev Kumar used to dream of going to films since childhood, his passion brought him to Mayanagari Mumbai and he became a good hero. Initially, Sanjeev Kumar joined theater and later he took admission in the acting school of Filmalaya, during which he got a chance to play a small role in the film ‘Hum Hindustani’ in the year 1960.
As an actor, Sanjeev Kumar got a chance to work in the film ‘Nishan’ in the year 1965. After this, Sanjeev Kumar acted in films like ‘Smuggler’, ‘Pati Patni’, ‘Husn Aur Ishq’, ‘Badal’, ‘Naunihal’ and ‘Gunahgar’, but the film was not successful at the box office.
Sanjeev Kumar appeared in the role of a police officer in the film ‘Shikar’ released in the year 1968, for his strong performance in the film, he also received the ‘Filmfare Award’ for supporting actor.
In the film ‘Sangharsh’ released in the year 1968, Sanjeev worked with Dilip Kumar, followed by tremendous success in films like ‘Aashirwad’, ‘Raja Aur Rank’, ‘Satyakam’ and ‘Anokhi Raat’, through which Sanjeev Kumar made his mark as an actor after the tremendous success of the film ‘Toyna’ released in the year 1970. The film Toyna gave him the status of a star.
Sanjeev Kumar Award and Honor – (Sanjeev Kumar )
- Sanjeev Kumar received the National Award for Best Actor in the year 1970 for the film ‘Dastak‘.
- In 1972, he was awarded the National Award for Best Actor for his outstanding performance in the film ‘Koshish‘.
- Sanjeev Kumar has been awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Actor twice.
- In 1976, Sanjeev received the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his tremendous performance in the film ‘Arjun Pandit’.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjeev Kumar
- In Indian cinema, Sanjeev is known as a multi-faceted actor or artist who made the audience crazy with hero, co-hero, villain and character artist roles.
- It is said that Sanjeev Kumar used to get fit for any acting.
- Sanjeev Kumar had shown his acting skills in films like ‘Aandhi’, ‘Mausam’, ‘Namkeen’ and ‘Angoor’ under gulzar’s direction.
- Sanjeev Kumar played a double role in the 1982 film Angoor.
- Sanjeev Kumar’s art of acting was to tell the audience everything with just eyes and facial expressions without speaking dialogues.
Sanjeev Kumar Hit Movies –
To see all the films of Sanjeev Kumar, you can go to Wikipedia in one place, where you will find a list of Sanjeev Kumar’s sub-movies. If you want, you can also read everything about Sanjeev on imdb.com this website.