Saina Nehwal was born on 17 March 1990 in Hisar, Haryana, India to a Hindu family, currently 2020 years old (30), and hosts badminton games on behalf of India. His father’s name is Dr. Harbir Singh Nehwal, and mother’s name is Usha Nehwal. Both his parents have been state-level badminton players of Haryana. Saina Nehwal also has a sister named Abu Chandranshu. (Sania Nehwal Wiki, Age, Biopic, Family, Husband, Biography, Net Worth & More)
- Name – Saina Nehwal
- Nickname – Steffi Saina
- Born – 17 March 1990
- Place of Birth – Hisar, Haryana, India
- Height – 165 cm
- Weight – 60 Kg
- Hometown – Hisar, Haryana
- Mother’s Name Usha Nehwal
- Father’s Name – Dr. Harbir Singh
- Profession – Indian Badminton Player
- Coach/ Patrons – Pullela Gopichand, PSM Nani Prasad Rao, Syed Mohammad Arif and Vimal Kumar
- International Debut – Asian Satellite Badminton Tournament (2005)
- Career Turning Point – In 2006, winner in under – 19 national champion
- Religion – Hindu
- Hobbies / Interests – Traveling
- Controversy – not known
- Marital Status – Married
- Husband – Parupalli Kashyap
- Date of Marriage – 14 Dec 2018
- Net Worth – 28.40 Cr. (annual income is worth 2.1 Cr.)
Favorite things –
- Shah Rukh Khan is Saina Nehwal’s favourite hero.
- Madhuri Dixit is Saina’s favorite heroine.
- Potato paratha and kiwi are their favorite food.
- Shreya Ghoshyal is her favorite singer.
- Sachin Tendulkar is his favorite cricketer.
- Saina loves to travel.
- Narendra Modi is their favorite leader.
Saina Nehwal’s main (medal)
- The first Indian woman to finish first in women’s singles at the Badminton World Federation.
- Won the World Super Series 3 times in a row.
- The first player to win the Asian Satellite Badminton Tournament 2 times.
Saina Nehwal Education –
Saina Nehwal did her early education from Campus School, CCS Hao, Hisar, after that she studied at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Public School, Hyderabad and National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD) School Rajendra Nagar, then St. Anne’s College for Women, Hyderabad. I know so much information that I have passed 12th.
Saina Nehwal Career – (Saina Nehwal )
Saina Nehwal’s parents were state-level badminton players, due to which Saina also brought her talent to this sector, it is said that Saina started playing badminton at the age of just 8. Later, when she started growing up, her father was transferred to Hyderabad, where he took Saina admission to play badminton in the presence of coach Nani Prasad at Lal Bahadur Stadium.
Saina played her first match in the Commonwealth Youth Games in 2004, in which she came second, after which she participated in the Asian Satellite Badminton Tournament (2005).
Saina Nehwal Social Media Profile
Some Lesser Known Facts About Saina Nehwal
- Saina Nehwal’s grandmother was not happy at the time of her birth, as she wanted a boy.
- On the advice of badminton coach Nani Prasad Rao, Saina started playing badminton at the age of 8.
- In the year 2012, Saina won a bronze medal at the London Olympics.
- Saina has been awarded the prestigious Arjuna Award in the year 2009, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the year 2010 and Padma Shri Award in the year 2010.
- Saina is a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Roger Federer.
- Saina Nehwal has trained in badminton from Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- Saina has also got a brown belt in karate.
- Due to the busy schedule, they do not get time for movies, TV and social media.
- In October 2016, Saina Nehwal was appointed as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Athletes Commission.
- Saina Nehwal is still active in the game of badminton.