Rishi Kapoor was born on 4 September 1952 in Chembur, Mumbai, India. He was born in a Punjabi Hindu family. He was also called the chocolate hero of Indian cinema, he was also a film producer and director and was the middle son of actor Raj Kapoor. His name was Chintu, his two brothers Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor are also actors. The hero is Ranbir Kapoor’s son who is a good star. The right people in his family have given their dues in cinema and will continue to give it to the Kapoor family. In the 1970s, the first movie was as a child actor (my name Joker with his father).
Rishi Kapoor Life –
Date of Birth (DOB) – 04 Sept 1952
Birthplace – Chembur, Mumbai India
Date of Death – 20 April 2020 (Thursday) at 8.45 am
Place of Date – Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai India
Death Cause – Leukaemia
Age 67 Years at the time of Death
Father’s Name – Late Raj Kapoor (Actor)
Mother – Krishna Kapoor (Housewife)
Wife – Neetu Kapoor
Child – Ranbir Kapoor and Ridhima Kapoor
Current Address – Krishna Raj, 27, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai
Rishi Kapoor’s initial education was with his brothers at Campion School, Mumbai, later after growing up, he went to Mayo College Ajmer, where he did his further studies. It is said that he studied up to graduation.
Rishi Kapoor was married to actress Neetu Singh on 22 January 1980. Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor dated each other for 4-5 years before marriage, only after which they got married. Later, they had two children who are later bringing glory to their father, one is the hero you will know Ranbir Kapoor, and the other is his sister named Ridhima Kapoor, who is married to businessman Bharat Sahni. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karisma Kapoor are his nieces.
Rishi Kapoor Rishi Kapoor Career
Born in a film family, Rishi Kapoor was always interested in acting in films, he first debuted with his father in the year 1970 with ‘Mera Naam Joker’. After that Bobby (1973) came the first film of his life which became a super hit, from where he started his career.
He acted in hundreds of films as a lead actor, he gave many romantic hits of Bollywood. He worked with his wife in many films.
Rishi Kapoor, who worked well in the world of acting, tried his luck in film direction, he directed the film starring Akshaye Khanna and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the year 1998. In the film Agneepath, he also played the role of a villain, rishi Kapoor, who always made a hero, was surprised when people saw him as a villain. He was also awarded the IIFA Best Negative Role Award for this film. It is said that people also called him the prince of romance in Bollywood.
During the shooting of the film “Kapoor and Sons”, Rishi Kapoor told Karan Johar that he has got a very difficult role, which takes him 10 to 12 hours for makeup.
In January 2017, Rishi Kapoor aired his autobiography “Khullam Khulla” without censor’s permission.
Rishi Kapoor Awards and Honors –
Rishi Kapoor was a hero and actor who won many awards on the strength of his acting.
- In 1970, he received a Special Award and National Film Award for his good performance in the movie Mera Naam Joker from the Bengal Film Journalists Association.
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby Movie in 1974
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2008
- In 2009, the Russian government honored him for his good achievement in cinema.
- In 2010, he won the Apsara Film and Television Producers Guild Award – Best Actor Supporting Role for the movie – Love Aaj Kal.
- 2011 में Zee Cinema Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Do Dooni Chaar
- Award from The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), for Best Actor Negative Role in the movie Agneepath in 2013.
- In 2013, he also received the Screen Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2013, Rishi Kapoor received many awards, best supporting actor for the movie Kapoor & Sons, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- He completed the journey in his life from child artist to lifetime achievement.
- In the seventies, he made his acting debut as a child artist with the movie Mera Naam Joker.
- As an actor, he first appeared in the Bani movie Bobby in 1973.
- The Body (2019); As “SP Jairaj Rawal” was the last film of his life.
- He did many films with Amitabh Bachchan.
- Rishi Kapoor did hundreds of movies with many Bollywood actresses and actors.
Hit Films –
Mera Naam Joker in 1970 as a child artist in
in 1980, Karz in 1977, Aap Ke Deewane, Do Premi
1979 Amar, Akbar, Anthony
1985 Prem Rog Superhit, Yeh Vaada Raha
1991 Gharana 92 Gharana
1993-1994 Mein Hina, Deewana,
Bol Radha Bol,
Banjaran First First Love
Crack 1996 Not Out in
Death of Rishi Kapoor
Rishi Kapoor died on 30 April 2020 at 8.45 am in a hospital in Mumbai. His death caused mourning all over Bollywood. The whole country mourned his death. News and news revealed that he had cancer. Actor Irrfan Khan died a day earlier on 29 April 2020.