Rekha was born on 70 October 80 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India, her father was Tamil actor “Jamini Ganesan” and mother Pushpavalli (Telugu actress). Since childhood, Rekha was very fond of traveling, due to which she dreamed of becoming an air hostess in her teenage days, but after coming to the world of films, she left her dream behind and moved forward.
As a child, Rekha used to go to convent school where a lot of Irish nuns studied. A few days later, she also decided to become an Irish nun, but due to weak financial condition, Rekha started doing small work in Telugu films. Rekha was once also known as an evergreen actress.
- Real Name – Bhanurekha Ganesan
- Nicknames – The Bollywood Queen, Rekha Ji, Madam X
- Born – 10 October 1954
- Place of Birth – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hometown – Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Debut – Rangala Ratnam as a child actor (Telugu, 1966)
Operation Jackpot Nalli C.I.D. 999 (Kannada (Kannada), 1969)
- Present Address – C Spring, Bungalow No. 2, BJ Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai 400050
- Boyfriends and other matters –
- Vishwajeet Chatterjee, Late
Vinod Mehra (Actor) Sajid Khan (Actor)Late Naveen Nischal (Actor)
Shatrughan Sinha (Actor)
Yash Kohli (Film Producer)
Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Late Mukesh Agarwal (Entrepreneur)
Akshay Kumar (Well Known Actor)
- Late Vinod Mehra (well-known actor)
- Late Mukesh Agarwal (March 1990 to October 1990)
- Current Marital Status – Divorced
- Total Assets – 195 crores Indian Rupees
It is said that when Rekha came to the cinema Hindi, she had to face negative reactions from many film personalities due to her black color. At that time Rekha was also called ugly duck by many.
It is said that Rekha started singing in films at the behest of RD Burman, in the film Khoobsurat (1980), she gave her voice in 2 songs. Apart from acting, Rekha also worked to voice other experienced heroines, Neetu Singh in Yaarana (1981) and Smita Patil in Waris (1988).
Actress Rekha Awards and Honors –
- In 1982, Rekha received the National Award as Best Actress for her film Umrao Jaan (1982).
- In 2008, Rekha received the 14th Annual Screen Awards.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2010 for his immense contribution to Indian cinema.
Interesting facts about actress Rekha
- Rekha ji is a pure vegetarian actress and spends most of her time gardening and painting.
- Dilip Kumar and Kangana Ranaut are his favorite actors and actresses.
- Rekha ji takes a lot of interest in things like writing poetry, doing yoga, making charcoal sketches.
Rekha’s hit films –
- Sawan Bhadon
- The God of Laughter
- public declaration or announcement
- Friends and Enemies
- ground sky
- Blonde and Art
- Our village is your city.
- a poor man
- Two man
- Laxman of Rampur
- Blood and water
- Your heart is yours
- Super Granny