Rajkumar Hirani is a famous director, producer, screenwriter and film editor, he was born on 20 November 1962 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India, he has given more than one film to Indian cinema. He wrote/directed the film Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), which was the producer of the film PK (2014).
Rajkumar Hirani’s father’s name is Suresh Hirani (used to run a typing institute in Nagpur), mother’s name is Sheela Hirani, Sanjeev Hirani is his brother, Anju Kishanchandani (journalist) is his sister. Manjeet Hirani (pilot in Air India) is his wife, who got married on December 19, 1994, and veer Hirani (studying film direction) is their son.
- Real Name Rajkumar Hirani
- Nickname – Raju
- Born – 20 November 1962
- Place of Birth – Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
- Profession – Film Director
- Height 175 Cm
- Debut Film – (Written/Director) Munna Bhai MBBS (2003)
- Film (as producer) PK (2014)
- Religion – Hindu
- Zodiac Sign – Scorpio
- Nationality – Indian
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Aamir Khan and Boman Irani
- Favorite Film – Bollywood, Anand (1971)
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Net Worth – Rs. 1099 Crore INR
- Car Collection – Mercedes Benz ML Class, BMW 5 Series
Rajkumar Hirani’s education –
Rajkumar Hirani had his early education from St. Francis D’Sales High School, Nagpur, Maharashtra, after which he did a course in Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, editing from Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, later he came into the world of films.
During his college days, Hirani was an active participant in the field of Hindi theatre.
Rajkumar Hirani’s Career –
Hirani’s father wanted him to become a chartered accountant, but due to his greater attachment to theatre and acting, he became a good film director, producer, screenwriter and film editor.
Hirani started his career with the film Munna Bhai MBBS (2003), after which he made many films which people still watch, his films are very hit.
Rajkumar Hirani Movies –
(rajkumar hirani movies, hit or flop movies, director, collection, rajkumar hirani upcoming movies)
- Vasool Raja MBBS
- 3 idiots
- Shankar Dada Zindabad
- Shankar Dada MBBS
- Munnabhai Chale Delhi
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari
- Saala Khadoos
- Lage Raho Munna Bhai
- Munna Bhai MBBS
Interesting Facts about Rajkumar Hirani (Rajkumar Hirani )
- Rajkumar Hirani has made as many films as he has made, almost all have been hits.
- After graduating, Hirani struggled in Mumbai for several years to become a film editor.
- Hirani established himself as the director of commercial commercials.
- He has also worked in Fevicol TVC Video.
- Hirani’s first big-budget film as editor was ‘Mission Kashmir’ (2000).
- Hirani started working under direction only after the success of Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), 2009 Idiots (2014) and PK (<>).
- His PK movie had earned more than Rs 500 crore at the box office.
- In his career so far, Hirani has won four National Awards and 11 Filmfare Awards.