N.T. Rama Rao was a famous politician of India, before joining politics and was also an actor, director and film producer, he was born on 28 May 1923, in Krishna district of Madras Presidency. Rama Rao, popularly known by the nickname of NTR, had founded the Telugu Desam Party. He was also the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh three times between 1983 and 1995. In the 1950s, he worked in films related to the life of Hindu gods, Krishna and Ram, which was well appreciated by the audience. It is said about him that he acted in more than 250 Telugu films.
He is counted among the great actors, he also acted in Tamil and Hindi films besides Telugu films. He was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in the year 1968 for his good contribution to Indian cinema.
Biography of NT Rama Rao
- Real Name Nandmuri Tarak Rama Rao
- Nickname – N.T. Rama Rao
- He was born on 28 May 1923 in Krishna district of Madras Presidency.
- Profession: Film Actor, Director, Producer and Politician
- His parents adopted him to his maternal uncle as a child.
- In 1982, he founded the Telugu Desam Party.
- He became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for the first time in 1983.
- His wife died in 1985.
- He suffered his first heart attack in 1989.
- In the year 1993, he married Lakshmi Parvati for the second time.
- In 1994, he became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh for the third time.
- He died on January 18, 1996.
Early Life of N.T. Rama Rao
N.T. Rama Rao’s early life – in childhood, his parents gave him glue to his mother, he received his early education from Subba Rao, a teacher in the village, due to lack of good education in the village, Rama Rao studied only till fifth grade in the village, after which he went to Vijayawada with his adoptive parents. Where he took admission in a municipal school,
In 1940, he passed the Class X examination, after which he passed the S.R.R. College of Vijayawada. and C.V.R. At that time, the financial condition of the family was not good, due to which Ramarao used to distribute milk in local hotels in Vijayawada. It is said that in the year 1945, he also took admission in Andhra-Christian College for graduation. Later this year, he married his maternal uncle’s daughter.
N.T. Rama Rao’s film career
He started his film career with the role of a police inspector in the Telugu film Mana Desam (1949). After this, he acted in the film ‘Palleturi Pilla’ directed by B. A. Subbarao based on the English drama Pizaro, this film became the best and successful film of his life, from this film he got so much success that he became famous overnight.
N.T. Rama Rao also acted in films based mostly on Hindu gods and mythology. He played the characters of Lord Rama, Krishna, Bhishma, Arjuna, Karna, Duryodhana, Vishnu and Shiva etc. There were 17 of his films in which he played the role of Lord Krishna, in which Shri Krishnarjun Yudham, ‘Karna’ and ‘Danveer Sur Karna’ are prominent. He also used to do screenwriting work in films.
Political Career of N.T. Rama Rao – Biography of N.T. Rama Rao
- Rama Rao entered politics in 1982 by founding the Telugu Desam Party.
- The main reason for his joining politics was to liberate Andhra Pradesh from the rule and hegemony of the Congress.
- At the time of his entry into politics, he used to be a successful and popular actor of Telugu cinema.
- On January 9, 1983, N.T. Rama Rao became the tenth Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh with 10 cabinet ministers and 5 ministers of state.
- Many times he was also removed from the post.
- In September 1984, he was again made the Chief Minister.
- N.T. Rama Rao was very popular in his time.