Nargis was born on June 1, 1929, in the then Bengal Presidency (now the State of West Bengal, India). She used to be a super duper heroine of her time, she is also a follower of Indian cinema, she was a heroine who had earned the name in the country and the world, no one has been able to do this till date. She was the wife of legendary actor Sunil Dutt and mother of actor Sanjay Dutt. He died on May 2, 1981 due to pancreatic cancer.
- Real Name Fatima Rashid
- Nickname – Nargis
- Profession – As singer, dancer, director, musician and actress
- He was born on June 1, 1929 in Bengal.
- Father’s Name Uttamchand Moolchand
- Mother’s Name – Jaddanbai
- Debut in films for the first time (as a child actor) – At the age of six, in the 1935 film “Talaashe Haq”.
- Debut as an actress for the first time – the film Tamanna in 1942
- Film journey – as a great actress of Hindi cinema for 3 decades
- From 1940 to 1950, Nargis had a golden period.
- Mother India was his best film.
- Husband – Famous actor Sunil Dutt
- Son – Actor Sanjay Dutt
The Early Life of Nargis
At that time, there was not much trend of education, due to which Nargis came to films at a very young age, she did her first film Talaash-e-Haq as a child artist at the age of just 6, later in the year 1942, she acted tremendously in the film “Tamanna” as an actress, after which she made Humayun, He acted in films like Barsaat, Aadhi Raat, Andaz, Jaan Pehchan, Awara, Amber, Anhoni, Papi, Shree 420, Chori – Chori, Pardeshi, Mother India, Lajwanti, Kala Bazar, Yaadon and Raat Aur Din.
Note: Information about education is not known.
When she acted in films, people liked her very much, her films used to go housefull in theaters, the craze was such that people used to take tickets in black to watch her films.
Over time, she got married to Sunil Dutt, and stayed away from films and became involved in social work.
Awards and Honors –
In 1957, she received the Filmfare Best Actress Award for the film Mother India. In the year 1958, he was also awarded the Padma Shri Award, he had won many more awards and awards in his film life, about which you will get complete information on Wikipedia.
With the passage of time, she was once nominated to the Rajya Sabha, but due to illness, she could not complete her term. At that time, his health was not well, due to which Nargis Dutt got cancer disease, on May 3, 1981, she called the world Albida due to illness.
In his memory, the Nargis Dutt Memorial Cancer Foundation was established in the year 1982.