Manisha Koirala is a famous film actress and social worker of India, she was born on 16 August 1970 in Kathmandu, Nepal. She is the granddaughter of former Nepalese Prime Minister Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. Manisha started her career with the film Saudagar (1991), since then she has acted in hundreds of films. He has also worked in some Nepali films, his first Nepali film was Pheri Bathola (1989), in which he acted tremendously. (Manisha Koirala wiki, family, age, height, boyfriend, husband, biopic, film, biography & more)
His father’s name is Prakash Koirala (former Nepali politician) and mother’s name is Sushma Koirala, Siddharth Koirala (Bollywood actor) is his brother, sister is none. Emperor Dahl (2010-2012) (American businessman) was her husband, currently divorced.
- Name – Manisha Koirala
- Nicknames – Manu, Manya
- Born – 16 August 1970
- Place of Birth – Kathmandu, Nepal
- Hometown – Delhi, India
- Profession– Film Actress, Social Worker
- Height – 165 cm
- First debut – Saudagar (1991)
- First Nepali film – Pheri Bathola (1989)
- Current age – 49 years
- Religion – Hindu
- Hobbies / Interests – Like to travel.
- Total Assets – More than 100 crores
- Masoom and Kagaz Ke Phool are Manisha’s favorite films.
- In Hollywood, Manisha likes one flu over the cuckoo’s nest, An Officer and a Gentleman movie.
- Mani Ratnam is his favorite director.
- Kamal Haasan is his favorite actor.
- Book – Fyodr Dostoevsky’s ‘The Idiot’, John Irwing’s ‘The world according to Garp’ and Erica Jong’s ‘Fear of fifty’
- Begum Akhtar and Mehdi Hasan are her favorite ghazal artists.
- Manisha likes to drink fresh lemon soda and strawberry champagne
- Tintin and Archie are his favorite comic books.
- Favorite Sport – Basketball
- Manisha Koirala loves to visit Kashmir and London.
Manisha Koirala Boyfriends – Manisha’s boyfriends have been many in her life such as Vivek Mushran (Bollywood actor), Krispin Conro (Australian diplomat), Sandeep Chauta (music director), Nana Patekar (actor), DJ Whosane (DJ), Cecil Anthony (Nigerian businessman), Aryan Vaid (model and actor), Prashant Chaudhary (restaurant owner), Akshay (actor), Christopher Doris (a sports consultant, writer and entrepreneur).
Manisha Koirala Education –
Manisha Koirala did her education at VKM, Varanasi (up to Class X), after which she studied at Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi, later she did a diploma in filmmaking from New York University, after which she came in films.
Manisha Koirala Career
Manisha Koirala started her career as an actress in a Nepali film Pheri Bathola (1989), after which she acted in the Bollywood film Saudagar (1991), later she has worked in many films, she has worked in more than 60 films.
Manisha has also acted in Nepali, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam film industry along with Bollywood. He has mastered the art of Bharatanatyam and Manipuri dance.
Akele Hum Akele Tum (1995), Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), Dil Se.. He has been awarded the “Filmfare Critics Award” three times for his role in films like (1998), Lajja (2001) and Company (2002).
Manisha Koirala’s hit films
Escape from Taliban
Chehere A Modern Day Classic
First Love Letter
Khamoshi The Musical
1942 A Love Story
Akele Hum Akele Tum
- Manisha wanted to become Koirala’s doctor, but due to modeling, she came into the film world.
- In November 2012, Manisha had contracted cancer and was treated after being examined by doctors in Nepal, India and the US.
- It also does a lot of social work to support women.
- In the 90s, Koirala was counted among the most beautiful actresses of Bollywood.
- Manisha says that she was a big fan of actor Sanjay Dutt during her youth.