Lata Mangeshkar is a famous singer of India, she has sung several thousand songs in her life, even today she does singing work, and is the most famous singer of Bollywood. He was born on 28 September 1929 in Indore, Central India, British India, currently he is 90 years old. She first sang in the playback singer (film) – ‘Mata, Ek Saput Ki Duniya Badal De Tu’ (‘Gajabhau Marathi, 1943), which was the beginning of her career.
- Real Name Lata Mangeshkar
- Nickname – Bollywood’s Nightrigal
- Profession – Indian Famous Playback Singer
- Born – 28 September 1929
- Place of Birth – Indore State, Central India, British India
- Hometown – Mumbai, India
- Current Address – Mumbai
- Debut Film – ‘Mata, Ek Saput Ki Duniya Badal De Tu’ (‘Gajabhau Marathi, 1943)
- Lata Mangeshkar Net Worth – $50 Millions
- Zodiac Sign – Libra
- Nationality – Indian
- Hometown – Mumbai, India
- Hobbies – Watching cricket, cycling
- Marital Status – Unmarried
- Car Collection – Mercedes Benz
Favorite things –
- Lataji likes spicy food.
- Coca-Cola is his favorite beverage.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was his favorite politician.
- Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Dev Anand are his favorite actors.
- Nargis and Meena Kumari are her favorite actresses.
- Ghulam Haider, Madan Mohan, Laxmikant Pyarelal and AR Rahman are his favorite music directors.
- Kismat (1943) and James Bond are his favorite films.
- Favorite Sport – Cricket
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar
- They like to visit Los Angeles.
Lata ji’s music teacher
- Dinanath Mangeshkar (Father)
- Ustad Amanat Ali Khan
- Amanat Khan Devaswale
- Ghulam Haider
- Pandit Tulsidas Sharma
Lata’s family – Her father’s name was Dinanath Mangeshkar, mother’s name was Shevanti Mangeshkar, Hridaynath Mangeshkar is her brother, Usha Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, and Meena Khadikar are her sisters.
Lataji’s education –
Lataji did her education at Attended a Catholic School in Orbassano, a town near Turin, Italy. He later did his further studies at Bell Educational Trust’s Language School, Cambridge City, England, information about the qualification is not known.
Lata Mangeshkar Career –
Lataji started her career with a Marathi film ‘Mata, Ek Saput Ki Duniya Badal De Tu’ (1943), after which she started her career in Bollywood films.
Lataji’s first successful song was “Dil Mera Toda Hai Mujhe Kahin Ka Na Choda Tere Pyaar Ne” (Majboor, 1948).
In the year (1972), Lataji received the first National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer in the film “Parichay”.
On 27 January 1963, Lataji sang a patriotic song “Aye Mere Watan Ke Logon” from the backdrop of the Indo-China war, after listening to this song, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru (the first Prime Minister of India) had tears in his eyes.
Lataji has sung the most songs (712) for music director Laxmikant Pyarelal.
So far, Lataji has also produced four films like Vadai (Marathi 1953), Jhinjhar (Hindi, 1953), Kanchan (Hindi, 1955) and Magar (Hindi, 1990).
In the year 2001, Lata Mangeshkar was awarded India’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna.
Interesting facts about Lata Mangeshkar (Lata Mangeshkar )
- Lataji has so far sung more than 14 songs in 50000 different languages.
- She is also called the goddess of music and sursamragi.
- Lataji does not like doing makeup.
- In the year 1955, Lataji first wrote a song for a Marathi film “Ram Ram Pavan”.
- She became quite popular with the song “Aayega Aanewala” (Mahal, 1949).
- Once in Urdu/ Urdu Dilip Kumar made a negative comment on Lata Mangeshkar for reciting Marathi while singing Hindi song.
- It is said that Lataji initially copied the famous singer Noor Jahan.
- In an interview, Lataji had told that Ghulam Haider Ali was her real guru.
- Lataji came to Mumbai in the year 1945, since then she lives here.
- It is said that his father was a theater actor and classical singer.
- His mother Shevanti Mangeshkar was dinanath’s second wife.
- In the year 1938, Lataji had performed her first folk play at Nutan Theatre, Solapur, where she sang Raag Khambavati and 2 Marathi songs.
- It is said that when Lataji was 13 years old, her father died in 1942 due to heart disease.
- Lataji is a great singer of India, even today people like to listen to her songs.