Kapil Dev is a former Indian cricketer of India, cricket legend Kapil was a player under whose captaincy India won the 1983 World Cup. He has been an all-rounder player, he played many matches in his career, in which he gave good performance in everything from good batting to batting.
Kapil Dev was born on 6 January 1959 in Chandigarh, India, his father’s name is Ramlal Nikhanj and mother’s name is Raj Kumari Lajwanti. Playing golf, listening to music has been Kapil Dev’s hobby. (Kapil Dev age, height, wife, doughter, family, net worth, biography, career, biopic & more)
- Name – Kapil Dev Ramlal Nikhanj
- Nickname – Haryana Ka Toofan, Dev
- Date of Birth : 6th January 1959
- Place of Birth – Chandigarh, India
- Profession – Former Indian cricketer
- Current (2020) Age – 61 years
- Height – 183 cm
- Total Assets – 200 Cr.
- Favorite Opposition Team – Pakistan
- Domestic Cricket Team – Haryana, Northamptonshire, Worcestershire
- Nature on the field – aggressive
- Favorite Shots/Balls – Hook Shot, Outdoorswing, Inswing, Yorker
- Coach/ Mentor – Desh Prem Azad
- Favorite Food – Paneer, Thai and Italian Cuisine
- Wife – Romi Bhatia
- Wedding Year – 1980
- Kapil was married at the age of 21.
- Daughter – Amiya Dev (born 16 January 1996)
- Active in cricket – 1975 to 1992
- Played cricket for 17 years
- The first wicket was taken by Sadiq Mohammad of Pakistan.
- Kapil Dev was never run out of his cricket career (in 184 innings).
Kapil Dev Education – (Education)
Kapil Dev did his early education from Chandigarh, after which he completed his D.A. degree. He did his schooling from Public School, Sector 8, Chandigarh and graduated from St. Edward’s College. Later he came into the world of cricket.
Kapil Dev Cricket Career
- Kapil Dev first played cricket for the Haryana team in the year 1975, which was the beginning of his career, later he came into the world of international matches.
- Kapil Dev started his international cricket career on 1 October 1978 against Pakistan in Kwata, this was his first ODI match.
- On October 16, 1978, Kapil Dev played his first Test match against Pakistan in Faisalabad.
- Kapil Dev played 225 matches in his ODI career in which he scored 3783 runs.
- In the 1983 World Cup, Kapil scored a total of 303 runs, took 12 wickets and also caught 7 catches.
- In 1990, during the Lord’s Test match, Kapil hit 4 sixes on off-spinner Eddie Hemings’ ball.
- During his cricket career, Kapil was never ruled out of Tests due to injury and fitness reasons.
- In 2002, Kapil Dev was named as India’s “Cricketer of the Century”.
- In 1994, after retiring from cricket, Kapil started playing golf, due to which he was elected the only member of the Laureus Foundation from Asia.
- In 1999, Kapil Dev was appointed as the coach of the Indian team, but he served in that post only from October 1999 to August 2000 (for 10 months).
- Kapil has taken 400 Test wickets in his career.
Controversy – During the cricket career, there used to be a lot of difference between Kapil and Sunil Gavaskar. In 2000, when Kapil was the coach of the Indian cricket team, he was accused of match-fixing. Due to which he resigned from the post of Indian cricket coach.
Interesting facts about Kapil Dev ( Kapil Dev )
- Kapil Dev owns two restaurants, one in Chandigarh and the other in Patna (Captain’s Eleven).
- Kapil Dev has also played cameo roles in Bollywood films such as – “Dillagi… Yeh Dillagi”, “Iqbal”, “Chain Coolie Ki Main Coolie” and “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi”, etc.
- Kapil Dev has also written three books titled “By God’s Decree (1)”, “Cricket My Style (9)”, “Straight from the Heart (85)”.
- On 24 September 2008, Kapil Dev was commissioned as an Honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army.
- Kapil Dev’s family lived in Rawalpindi, Pakistan before the Indo-Pak partition.
- Kapil Dev also endorses many companies including Sports Shoes, Hajmola, Crocin Pan Relief, Birla Sunlife Insurance and Hero Honda Bikes.
- In 1994, Kapil said goodbye to the world of cricket.