Johnny Lever – Johnny Lever was born on 14 August 1957 in Kanigiri, Andhra Pradesh, India. He has earned a name as the best comedian in the world with his acting. Johnny Bhai has entertained the audience by doing comedy in hundreds of films so far. Born in a Telugu Christian family, Johnny is known as a comedy actor not only in India but all over the world.
Johnny Lever’s father’s name is Prakash Rao Janumala who used to work as an operator in Hindustan Lever Limited, mother’s name is Karunamma Janumala, Johnny Lever is a native of Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India, currently lives in Mumbai. ( Johny Lever age, wife, son, daughter, net worth, family)
- Full Name John Prakash Rao Janumala
- Nickname – Johnny Lever
- Profession – Actor, Comedian
- Born – 14 August 1957
- Place of Birth – Kanigiri, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Hometown – Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India (present residence in Mumbai)
- Father’s Name Prakash Rao Janumala (An Operator in HCL)
- Mother’s Name Karunamma Janumala
- Brothers – Jimmy Moses (actor, playback singer, and comedian) and 1
- Sister – Not applicable
- Marital Status – Married
- Wife – Sujata Johnrao Janumala
- Son – Jesse Johnrao Janumala
- Daughter – Jamie Janumala aka Jamie Lever (comedian, actress, singer)
- Religion – Christian
- Debut Film – Dard Ka Rishta (1982)
- Telugu Film – Criminal (1995)
- Tamil Film – Anbirkku Alavillai (2011)
- TV Show – Johnny Ala Ray (2007 on Zee TV)
- Net-worth – Johny Lever Net Worth – 190Cr.
- Present address – 151/152 Oxford Tower, Yamuna Nagar Lokhandwala, Andheri West, Mumbai
Johnny Lever’s early education was from Andhra Shiksha Samaj English High School, it is a 7th grade pass, after some time in childhood he came to Mumbai, due to which he did not study further and stepped into the world of acting.
Johnny Lever’s film career
- Due to adverse conditions, Johnny Lever came to Mumbai to mimic Bollywood stars, where he also worked to sell pens on the streets.
- Johnny Lever learned the unique style of comedy in Yakutpura (an old town in Hyderabad) before coming to Mumbai.
- Johnny had mimicked some senior executives during a function of Hindustan Lever Limited company, since then they were named Johnny.
- Later, Johnny Lever worked for a few days as a laborer in Hindustan Lever Limited, where he used to get 80 rewards.
- After that Johnny Lever started doing stand-up comedy in orchestras, later he joined kalyanji-Anandji’s group from where his acting world started.
- In 1981, Johnny Lever left the company as a labourer.
- It is said that Johnny Lever traveled the world with Kalyanji-Anandji.
- Actor Sunil Dutt had seen Johnny act in a show, he offered Johnny to work in the film Dard Ka Rishta.
- It was due to Sunil Dutt that Johnny got his first break in the film industry.
- Johnny Lever also worked in the advertisement for Turtle Imprint directed by Shekhar Kapur.
- He became very popular in Bollywood with the film Baazigar in the year 1993, from there Johnny Liver’s world started changing and he started moving forward.
- After that Johnny acted his art in more than one movie and became a hit.
- There is no bigger comedian in Bollywood than this, even today he works as an actor.
- Johnny is considered a pioneer of stand-up comedy in India.
Controversy – On 8 December 1998, he was also sentenced to 7 days imprisonment for insulting the Indian Constitution and Indian National Anthem at the birthday party of Anees Ibrahim’s son in Dubai.
Awards and Honors – Johnny Lever )
- Johnny Lever has been awarded 13 Filmfare Awards for Best Performance in a Comic Role.
- He received the Filmfare Award for best performance in the films Deewana Mastana (1997) and Dulhe Raja (1998).
Interesting facts about Johnny Lever
- Johnny Lever does such a good comedy that everyone likes his artistry.
- In the year 2014, Johnny Lever also worked in the film Tulu – Rang.
- Johnny has acted in more than 2020 films so far (350).
- Johnny likes Audi Q7
- Johnny likes the Kalyanji-Anandji duo very much.
- Johnny loves doing social service, mimicry, listening to music, watching movies, dancing.