Jaya Bachchan is a famous actress, politician and wife of India’s famous actor amitabh Bachchan, she was born on 9 April 1948 in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. Her full name is Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan, fondly known as Jaya Bachchan, she debuted her career with the Hindi film Guddi (1971). (Jaya Bachchan Biography, Family, Age, Height, Birth and Education, Marriage, Career, Actress, Debut Movie, Bio & More)
In the 90s, Jaya Bachchan earned a respectable name all over India on the basis of acting, at that time she was a famous actress, she met Amitabh in the film Sholay, only after that she was introduced to Bachchan, she also called Amitabh Lambu. He has won 9 National Awards in his film career, many of his films were super hits.
Jaya Bachchan’s father’s name was Tarun Kumar Bhaduri, who was a writer, stage artist and journalist, his mother’s name is Indira Bhaduri, Rita Verma is her sister, Amitabh is her husband, Abhishek Bachchan is her son, and famous actress Aishwarya Rai is her daughter-in-law. Shweta Bachchan – Nanda is his daughter, Aaradhya Bachchan is his granddaughter. Everyone lives in Mumbai, their home address – Jalsa, B/B. 2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Real Name Jaya Bhaduri
- Nickname – Jaya
- Current Name – Jaya Bachchan
- Profession – Actress, Politician
- Current post: – Rajya Sabha MP.
- Born – 9 April 1948
- Place of Birth – Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Currently – Mumbai India
- Hometown – Pune, Maharashtra
- Zodiac Sign – Aries
- Nationality- Indian
- Jaya Bachchan Height – 157 Cm
- Jaya Bachchan Net Worth – Rs 468 crore
- Jaya Bachchan age (2020) – 72 years
- Jaya Bachchan has been a strong actress of Hindi film cinema.
Jaya Bachchan’s education
Jaya Bachchan did her early education from St. Joseph’s Convent School, Bhopal, after which she did a diploma in acting from the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, after which she came to the world of cinema.
Jaya Bachchan married Amitabh Bachchan on June 3, 1973. You will have got information about their family and children above.
Jaya Bachchan as an actress –
Jaya Bachchan first started her career as an actress with the Hindi film Guddi (1971), before that she was offered the film ‘Mahanagar’, when Jaya was just 15 years old, later she worked in more than one film in her career, and won the crown of being a good actress in the country.
Jaya Bachchan Hit Movies –
Satyajit Ray Mahanagar (1963)
Kora Kagaz (1974)
Jawani Diwani ( 1972)
Piya Ka Ghar (1972)
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001)
Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
Awards and Honor Awards
Jaya Bachchan has also received the Best Supporting Actress Award by Filmfare for her outstanding performance from films like ‘Fiza’, ‘Kabhi Khushi Kahi Gham’ and ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’. He has also been awarded the Padma Shri award. Jaya Bachchan has also received the state’s highest award Yash Bharti from the Uttar Pradesh government.
Jaya has received lifetime achievement awards from many institutions, such as the 2004 Sansui Awards, the 2010 ‘Tonge on Fire’ Film Festival in London and the 2012 Jaipur International Film Festival.
Jaya Bachchan’s political journey
After acting in films for many years, Jaya Bachchan also joined politics, she first thought of contesting elections from the Samajwadi Party of Uttar Pradesh, jaya got success in the first time and she won the election from The Samajwadi Party and in the year 2004 she was nominated to the Rajya Sabha by the party.
In June 2006, Jaya Bachchan was again made a Rajya Sabha MP. Due to jaya bachchan’s good work, she was re-elected for the third term in 2012 and for the next 6 years i.e. till 2018, she was representing the Samajwadi Party in the Rajya Sabha.
In 2018, Jaya Bachchan was re-elected to the Rajya Sabha, currently a Rajya Sabha MP.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jaya Bachchan
- Directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Guddi was the first good film of his life, which came in the year 1971.
- Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra are his favorite heroes.
- Among the actresses, she likes Nargis the most.
- They like the film Zanjeer very much.
- They like to visit London and Switzerland.
- He also won a gold medal from FTII, Pune.
- Once while delivering a speech on the Nirbhaya rape case (2012) in Parliament, his eyes were moist.
- They do not like to carry handbags anywhere, so they have made two pockets in all their clothes in which they keep keys, combs, etc.
- At present, she lives in Delhi, Mumbai, sometimes even lucknow.