Hema Malini is a famous actress, film-director, dancer and politician of India, currently she is a Lok Sabha MP from Mathura Uttar Pradesh. Hema Malini was born on 16 October 1948 in Ammankudi, Madras, India (present-day Tamil Nadu), now lives in Mumbai.
She started her film career with the Tamil film Idhu Sathiyam (1963, Supporting Actress), later in the year 1968, she worked as an actress for the first time films, in the year 2000, she also acted in the TV serial Jai Mata Ki for the first time.
Hema Malini joined politics in February 2004 and has been an MP since then. His present address is 43, Shakuntala Plot No.7, Jaihind Society, 12th Road, JVPD Juhu, Mumbai Tehsil-Andheri, District-Mumbai, Pin-40004.
- Name – Hema Malini Chakraborty
- Nickname – Dream Grill
- Born – 16 October 1948
- Hema Malini Age – 71 Years (2020)
- Height – 168 Cm
- Place of Birth : Ammankudi, Madras, India
- Currently – Mumbai, India
- Occupation – Actress, Politician
- Political Party – BJP
- In Politics – February 2004
- Eligibility – 12th Drop-out (dropped out)
- Zodiac Sign – Libra
- Debut – Idhu Sathiyam (1963, Tamil – Supporting Actress)
- Debut (Hindi) – Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968, Lead Actress)
- TV Serial – Jai Mata Ki (2000)
- Father’s Name – V.S.R. Chakraborty
- Mother’s Name – Jaya Lakshmi Chakraborty (Film Producer)
- Brother – R.K. Chakravarty R.J. Chakravarty
- Sister – Not applicable
- Hobbies – Dancing, Driving, Doing Yoga
- Total Wealth – 178 crore Indian Rupees (as of 2014)
- Boyfriends – Jeetendra, Actor (1970), Dharmendra, Actor (1970 to present)
- Marriage – 2 May 1980
- Husband – Dharmendra, Actor
- Children – Esha Deol, Ahana Deol
- Vijayta Deol (Step-Daughter), Ajita Deol (Step-Daughter)
- Son – Sunny Deol (Step-Son), Bobby Deol (Step-Son)
- Best Actress – 11 times
- Padma Shri Award – 2000
Favorite things –
- Hema Malini likes rasam, green tea and yogurt along with rice in food.
- Dharmendra and Shah Rukh Khan are his favorite heroes.
- Kareena Kapoor and Aishwarya Rai are his favorite actresses.
- History is his favorite subject.
- Earl Stanley Gardner (American writer) is his favorite.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is his favorite leader in politics.
- Hema ji likes to travel abroad.
- They like to live a high profile life.
- They like to work in their parliamentary areas.
Hema Malini’s education
Hema Malini did her schooling from Andhra Mahila Sabha and then studied at Delhi Tamil Education Association Senior Secondary School, New Delhi, after which she is said to have dropped out of her 12th grade due to acting in films.
Hema Malini Film Career
Hema Malini first started her career with the Tamil film (Idhu Sathiyam 1963), which you may have read above, later she worked as an actress film (Sapno Ka Saudagar). After this, Hema ji worked for many years films, she has also given many hit films.
Hema Malini’s hit films – (Hema Malini )
- Sapno Ka Saudagar (1968, lead actress)
- Johnny My Name (1970)
- Tere Mere Sapne (1971)
- Streets of Babylon (1972)
- Hand Cleaning (1974)
- Sholay, Dharmatma, Kehte Hain Mujhko Raja, Do Thug, Pratigya (1975)
- Your Law (1987)
- The Burning Train (1980)
- Kindness, Duty and Law, Two Directions (1982)
- Razia Sultan (1983)
- After the execution, Storm (1985)
- Dil Aashna Hai (1992)
- Bagban, Angel of Aman (2003)
Hema Malini’s political journey
- Hema Malini first campaigned in politics in 1999 for Vinod Khanna (a BJP candidate) in Gurdaspur Punjab.
- In the year 2003, Hema ji was nominated as a Rajya Sabha member by the then President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Hema Malini officially joined the BJP in February 2004.
- In 2010, Hema Malini became the general secretary of the BJP.
- After defeating RLD’s Jayant Chaudhary by 2014,3,30 votes in 743, she became a member of the Lok Sabha from Mathura parliamentary constituency, again became an MP from Mathura in 2019 and is currently working on its work.
- In the year 1961, Hema started her career as a dancer in a Tamil film, which you must have read about above.
- In the year 1964, the Tamil film director, C.V. Sridhar, rejected him for being too thin.
- It is said that Hema Malini’s first film Sapne Ka Saudagar was a flop at the box office.
- Hema Malini was the highest-paid Bollywood actress from 1976 to 1980.
- In the year 1977, she performed brilliantly in her film “Dream Girl”, due to which she was nicknamed “Dream Girl”.
- Hema has worked with Dharmendra in 35 films, and her first film Sharafat came in 1970.
- Hema Malini is also associated with a water purifier company.
Famous actor Sanjeev Kumar liked Hema ji and used actor Jeetendra to express his feelings, but Hema Malini started liking Jeetendra.
It is said that during the shooting of Sholay, Dharmendra fell in love with Hema Malini.
Hema Malini is considered a trendsetter, she is counted among the few heroines who started wearing tight (bell bottoms) pants.
Hema Malini directed Shah Rukh Khan’s debut film “Dil Aashna Hai”, though the film was published after “Deewana”.