Famous journalist Barkha Dutt was born on 18 December 1971 (Saturday), in the capital Delhi, she is a famous news anchor journalist. His father’s name is SP Dutt and mother’s name is Prabha Dutt. His father was an Air India officer. He earned his name in the country and the world through journalism. It calls itself agnostic who rejects religion. Barkha Dutt has expressed her opinion against triple talaq and Muslim patriarchy, Barkha earned a lot of name in the media world in the early stages, but it is said that her name came in the 2010 Radia tape case, she was also defamed and opposed as a corrupt journalist. It has been in the media since 1991.
- Name – Barkha Dutt
- Born – 18 December 1971
- Place of Birth : Capital Delhi, India
- Father’s Name – S.P. Dutt
- Mother’s Name Prabha Dutt
- Sister – Bahar Dutt
- She is currently 2020 years old (49).
- Husband – Mr. Mir (first) Dr. Haseeb Drabu (2nd) currently divorced.
- Children – not applicable.
- Barkha Dutt’s annual income is – 3.5 crores.
Barkha had reported in the Kargil war, she is a very old reporter and anchor journalist. She works for NDTV’s news channel. Many of his articles are on the website of the BBC and many news agencies, he has also written a book called “This Unquiet Land: Stories from India’s Fault Lines”. (The country’s Home Minister, Shekhar Ranaut and actress Kangana were also present on stage while releasing his book.) In many places, their book is sold online. Barkha is said to have joined NDTV (1994) soon after completing her college studies when she was just 21 years old.
Barkha Dutt became very popular after interviewing Captain Bikram Batra during the Kargil War in 1999. He also reported on the 2004 earthquake and tsunami. He also received the Padma Shri award in the year 2008 in the Manmohan Singh government. In February 2014, she was also the consulting editor of NDTV.
Barkha Dutt Award and Award Awards
- In the year 2007, he also received the Best TV News Anchor Award.
- In the year 2008, Barkha Dutt received the Chameli Devi Award for Outstanding Woman Media Person.
- He also received the Padma Shri award in the year 2008.
- In 2015, he received the Ramnath Goenka Award.
- He received the Journalist of the Year Award from the Commonwealth Broadcasting Association.
- The C.H. Mohammed Koya National Journalism Award in 2009
- The Personality of the Year Award by The Association for International Broadcasting in 2012