Born in Gorakhpur district of Uttar Pradesh, Anurag Kashyap is a famous film director, screenwriter, producer and actor in Bollywood today. She was born on 10 September 1972 in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. At present, he lives in Mayanagari Mumbai. Anurag Kashyap has become a good film director in a very short time, which is not so easy for anyone.
Anurag Kashyap’s family – His father’s name is Prakash Singh, mother’s name is not known, Abhinav Kashyap (film director and screenwriter) is his brother, Anubhuti Kashyap is his sister, currently he is divorced. He has two wives, one named Aarti Bajaj, film editor (2003-2009), and the other is Kalki Koechlin (2011-2015), they have a daughter named Alia Kashyap.
- Real Name Anurag Singh Kashyap
- Current Name Anurag Kashyap
- Born – 10 September 1972
- Place of Birth – Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
- Profession – Film Director, Screenwriter, Producer and Actor
- Anurag Kashyap Height – 178 Cm
- Anurag Kashyap Age – 48 Years
- Anurag Kashyap Net Worth – 110 Million USD ( 806 Cr.)
- Zodiac – Virgo
- Nationality – Indian
- Hometown – Gorakhpur
- In Religion – Atheist
- Hobbies – Writing books and swimming
- Favorite Actor – Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Naseeruddin Shah
- Favorite Actresses – Marilyn Monroe, Golshifteh Farahani, Scarlett Johansson
- Marital Status – Divorced
Anurag Kashyap’s Education
Anurag Kashyap completed his early education from Green School, Dehradun, Scindia School, Gwalior, later he studied science from Hans Raj College (University of Delhi), New Delhi.
Anurag Kashyap Career
Anurag Kashyap was very fond of films since school days, later his mind changed and he wanted to become a good scientist, then later he changed his mind and came into the world of acting.
In the year 1993, Anurag Kashyap joined a street theater group “Jan Natya Manch”, which was the first beginning of his life, later he participated in the International Film Festival and watched 10 movies in just 55 days, due to which he was inspired by Vittorio De Sica’s Bicycle Thieves and decided to make films.
Anurag Kashyap came to Mumbai in 1993 with 5000 rupees, today he is a billionaire. It is said that when they reached Mumbai, they had to spend a few months on the benches on the streets of Mumbai, these were the days of their struggle.
It is known about him that he did his first job in Prithvi Theater, but due to the death of the director, his first play was left incomplete. A good time in his career came when Manoj Bajpayee offered him to write a film for Ram Gopal Varma, titled Satya, which was a super hit at the box office.
- In the year 2009, Anurag Kashyap formed his own film production company “Anurag Kashyap Films Private Limited (AKFPL)”.
- Along with film direction and production, Anurag also acted in films like Shagird, Black Friday, Happy New Year, No Smoking, Bhoothnath Returns A.
- In 2013, the French government honored him with the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Knight of the Arts and Letters).
- He also went to the Ladakh Film Festival.
Interesting Facts about Anurag Kashyap
- Anurag is a good film director.
- He has a lot of name in Bollywood.
- Anurag Kashyap has also been in controversy many times.
- She currently lives in Mumbai.
- Make good films.
- Anurag Kashyap also travels a lot abroad