Anil Kumble was born on 17 October 1970 in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Whenever there is talk of spinners and bowlers in the world, their names are taken at the top. His parents’ names are Krishna Swami and Saroja. Due to their longevity, people also call them jumbo. Anil Kumble was once the biggest bowler in the world of cricket, his bowling was such that people liked him very much, now he has retired from cricket (02 November 2008). It is said that his family had named him ‘Kumble’ after his native village. (Anil Kumble Age, Cricket Career, Biography, Wife & More) Anil Kumble personal life, professional life, favorite things related information.
- Real Name Anil Radhakrishna Kumble
- Nickname : Anil Kumble
- Nickname – Jumbo
- Born – 17 October 1970
- Place of Birth – Bengaluru
- Length – 183 cm
- Profession – Former Indian Cricketer (Spin bowler) and Coach
- Father’s Name Krishna Swami
- Mother’s Name Saroja
- Hometown – Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Brother – Dinesh Kumble
- Wife – Chetna Kumble
- Childs – 3 Svasti and Aaruni (Son – Mayas)
- Total Assets – $1 Million – $5 Million
- What does Kumble do at present – cricket coach.
- He loves wildlife photography.
- first-class debut for Karnataka against Hyderabad in 1989
Anil Kumble, School, College Qualification –
Anil Kumble’s early education was from Holy Saint English School, Koramangala, Bengaluru. Later he studied Mechanical Engineering from National College, Bengaluru & R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Bengaluru, only after that he came to the world of cricket.
Anil Kumble’s International Cricket Career
- In the year 1989, Anil Kumble gave his career a turning point by taking 4 wickets in a first-class match.
- Test match – First Test match against England in Manchester on 9 August 1990.
- ODI- 25 April 1990 vs Sri Lanka in Sharjah
- Haven’t played T20 matches.
- Anil Kumble retired from international cricket on November 2, 2008.
- Kumble has played matches in teams like Karnataka, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Surrey.
- In the year 1999, Kumble became the second bowler in the world with 10 wickets against Pakistan in Delhi.
- In the year 1996, Kumble took 61 wickets.
- Kumble set a record of bowling 40850 balls in his Test career.
- He became the second bowler after Kapil Dev to take more than 400 wickets.
- In his cricketing career, Kumble took 30 wickets 5 times.
- He suffered an injury while playing a match with the West Indies in 2002.
- In August 2007, Kumble scored a Test century in which he was not out for 110 runs.
- Kumble took his first wicket of Shaul Karnain (Sri Lanka’s cricketer) and the last wicket was taken by Mitchell Johnson Australian cricketer.
- Kumble was the head coach of the Indian cricket team from June 2016 to June 2017.
Anil Kumble facts
- Anil Kumble started playing cricket at the age of 13.
- He became very famous for Googly Ball.
- Kumble had trained at the Young Cricketers Club Bangalore.
- Once Kumble bowled 72 overs in a Test innings, which was a big thing in itself.
- There are many roads and hospitals named after him in Bangalore.
- Kumble played cricket for almost 20 years.
Anil Kumble’s favorite things –
- Sachin Tendulkar and Viv Richards are his favorite cricketers.
- In bowlers, he likes Australian player Shane Warne.
- They like heroes like Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar and Rajinikanth.
- Deepika Padukone is her favorite heroine.
Anil Kumble Award and Honors
- Kumble was awarded the Arjuna Award in the year 1995.
- In 1996, Kumble was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year.
- Kumble received the Padma Shri award in 2005.
- Apart from this, Kumble has received many domestic, national and international awards.
Right now Anil Kumble works as a cricket coach and sometimes he is also seen commentating in matches, he has a lot of name in South India, people see him as a good cricketer.