Amrish Puri was born 22 June 1932 in Nawanshahr, Punjab, India. He acted in the role of villain in hundreds of films, Amrish Puri became quite popular with Mogambo in the film Mr. India. He died on 12 January 2005 at the age of 72 due to brain haemorrhage. People still remember his artistry in films. He started his film career with the film Prem Pujari (1970).
Amrish Puri’s family – His father’s name was Lala Nihal Chand Puri and mother’s name is Ved Kaur, Chaman Puri is his brother Harish Puri is his younger brother, Chandrakanta is his elder sister. In 1957, he was married to Urmila Diwekar. They have two children, Rajiv and Namtra.
- Real Name Amrish Lal Puri
- Profession – Actor (mostly in the role of villain)
- Fame – Mogambo (Film – Mr. India)
- He was born on June 22, 1932 in Nawanshahr, Punjab.
- Died – 12 January 2005, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Cause of Death – Brain Haemorrhage
- Last Rites – Shivji Park Crematorium
- First debut film – Prem Pujari (1970)
- First Kannada film – Kadu (1973)
- First Punjabi film – Sat Sri Akal (1977)
- First Telugu film – Kondura (1978)
- First Hollywood Film – Gandhi (1982)
- Amirsh Puri Height – 178 Cm
- Amirsh Puri Net Worth – $20 million (2005)
- Salary for working in a film – about 1 crore
- Education: – Graduate from B.M. College, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
Amrish Puri’s film career
Amrish Puri started his film career in the year 1970 with the Hindi film “Prem Pujari”, after which he acted in Kannada, Punjabi, Telugu and Hollywood films, his villainy is so much liked by the people that people still like his films very much.
Before coming to films, Amrish used to do theater programs throughout the year 1969, for which he also received many awards from the Sangeet Natak Akademi many times. He also received the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor in the 1986 film “Meri Jung”.
He received many awards and awards for his good performance in films like the film Ghatak, legacy “Suraj Ka Santawa Ghoda”. Purab Ki Laila, Paschim Ka Chhaila and Hello India (2009) are said to be his last films.
Amrish Puri Hit Movies –
Mujhse Saadi Karogi
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Interesting Facts about Amrish Puri ( Amirsh Puri )
- Subhash Ghai is his favorite filmmaker.
- S.D. Burman and R.D. Burman are his favorite directors.
- Amrish Puri loved the music of K.L. Sehgal and Kishore Kumar.
- Amrish was very fond of the whole exercise, he never left it in his life.
- Amrish loved reading newspapers in his daily routine.
- Amrish Puri also worked in the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation Ministry of Labor and Employment (ESIC) for a few days.
- Ibrahim Alkazi was the only person that Amrish met in the theater in the year 1961.
- Once upon a time, Amrish used to work in Prithvi Theatre in Satyadev Dubey’s plays.
- It is said about him that he started working in films at the age of 40.
- It is said about them that there will be no great villain like them.
- Amrish Puri earned such a big name in cinema because of his husky voice and intense expression.